The Thursday Quiz is an "Is It or Isn't It" game. From the list of twelve items, your job is to determine whether each IS or ISN'T a true example of the week's category.
Remember always that you should never clap until the whole piece is finished. Also:
No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. The ThursdayThis Week's Category will hit you like the crash of symbols and the blare of trumpets!
Quiz is a POP quiz. Violators will find themselves on the cutting room floor.
Some of the following are genuine pieces of classical music. Some of them are not. Which are which?
1. Beethoven's 6th ("Pastoral")
2. Beethoven's 8th ("Eroica")
3. Beethoven's 12th ("Tragic")
4. Brahm's 9th ("Eternal")
5. Dvorak's 3rd ("New World")
6. Haydn's 94th ("Surprise")
7. Mahler's 1st ("Titan")
8. Mendelsohn's 28th ("Dutch")
9. Mozart's 6th ("Prague")
10. Mozart's 41st ("Jupiter")
11. Schumann's 3rd ("Unfinished")
12. Tchaikovsky's 6th ("Pathetique")
Express the sublime and glorious by posting your answers in the comments.