The Wednesday Quiz, in its third incarnation, is basically the same old weekly game of knowledge, intuition, inductive reasoning, and willingness to risk public embarrassment in a friendly and moderately supportive environment!!
Traditionally, it is a closed-book quiz.
It is very possible that answers will come out over the weekend.
1. Roughly 90% of its native speakers live in Latin America, about 5% in Europe, and about 5% in Africa.
2. The weather gets all screwy when he argues with his wife Titania.
3. Given the title Warden of the Royal Mint, which was intended as a sinecure, he leapt into the role with dazzling fervor, crushing widespread counterfeiting and helping to stabilize British currency. Oh, and he formulated the basic laws of physics and calculus.
4. So who is this here painting by?
5. Who are these guys?
6. Before and during the U.S. Civil War, there was ongoing gang violence to determine whether it would be a "slave state" or a "free state."
7. He is said to have met Elijah and Moses on a mountain.
8. It's the autobiography of a Roman Emporer, except written in 1934 by Robert Graves.
9. It was that family that held the thrones of Spain, Austria, and the Holy Roman Empire for all those years.
10. What country is this?
Put your answers in the comments.