Hey! It's the 1503rd Post!
Are you staying up tonight to see in the new month? No?
Well, today is the day of reckoning for my inaugural month-to-month goals! And also time to lay out the "programme," as our British cousins say, for February. I intend to keep things fairly mellow for now. Obviously, I will make a new chart for the clipboard. Clipboards make things happen, in my experience.
Categories and Goals for February 2012
Weighing-in: My January goal was to weigh in every morning. I only missed two days, so that's pretty good. (The weight I'm putting over in the sidebar, incidentally, is a weekly median. It's a little up from this time last year, but I'm weighing myself right out of bed now instead of after a morning workout, so I don't think there's been any particular gain. Still, the ultimate hope is to shed another 10-15 in the fullness of time, but before the wasting effects of old age set in.)
Push-ups: My January goal of doing a number of push-ups equal to the date was no problem, although I started breaking them into two sets on the 25th.
- February Goal: Same as for January: simply to weigh myself and record my weight every morning, just like they say you aren't supposed to.
- February Goal: To do a number of push-ups equal to the date -- twice. Once in the morning, and once in the evening. With Jenners standing on the small of my back.
Cola: I hit my January goal, no more than two units per day per week, without any trouble. Now we'll step it up a notch!
- February Goal: To consume no more than twelve units of cola per week.
Veggies: This one has been the biggest game-changer of the batch. I have been eating a lot of veggies -- a "unit" turns out to be, basically, a meal-sized portion of vegetables -- and to my surprise, it feels great! We shall step it up a modest notch.
- February Goal: To consume no fewer than four units per week, nor, no fewer than nine units per "fortnight" (as our British cousins say).
Gym: I did not achieve my goal of going to the gym twice in January. That makes having the gym membership ridiculous, so I have to cancel my membership.
Paper Mail Sent: I didn't send any mail at all until the 24th or so, and then easily caught up to my 1/day average. I sent 41 pieces of personal mail, plus probably two or three today.
- February Goal: Discuss with Mrs.5000 whether it would be possible to rig a pull-up bar somewhere in the house. Keep an eye open for little dumbbells at estate sales.
- February Goal: Again, an average of at least one item per day over the course of the month.
- February Goal: No fewer than four posts over the course of the month.
Garden: There was no goal in this category in January. Despite that, I did more than 15 minutes of yardwork!
- February Goal: At least two days of sustained (2+ hours) yardwork!
Music: There was no goal in this category in January.
- February Goal #1: At least three sessions of 30+ minutes playing the guitar.
- February Goal #2: At least three sessions of 15+ minutes playing brass instruments.
Footnote 1: For weekly (and fortnightly) goals, the first week of February is the week beginning Monday, January 30.
Footnote 2: Leap Day is exempt from all goals and resolutions, as it exists outside of real time.
Footnote 3: I was just kidding about Jenners standing on the small of my back.
As I said in January: I trust, Gentle Reader, that I have your blessing and support in these endeavors. And of course, in your capacity as a Reader of this blog, you have the right to suggest additional goals or to deride the existing ones if you would like me to self-improve in a way more to your liking.