Categories and Goals for June 2012
My Month-to-Month Resolutions at this point are more shall we say gestural than in the nature of a real regimen. But I don't want to be too tough on myself, because it's not like I've fallen all to pieces. I'm proud of a really aggressive month of running, for instance; I ended up crushing my old monthly mileage record and crossing the 100-mile barrier for the first time; I'm running another half-marathon next weekend, slowly but in a sedate and stately fashion, as befits a man of my years. I have also been on a crazy quilting binge, slapping together a series of ten small scrap pieces with admirable dispatch, if I do say so myself. I think it might have been Calico Cat who set me off.
Well anyway, let's check the damage.
Weighing-in: I have been weighing in, and have lost back to 200 pounds, which was where I intended to start from. So that's actually been pretty good.
- June Goal: I will continue weighing myself every morning in the established manner, finally implementing the 10 cents per tenth of a pound over 200 pounds penalty come June. This will be assessed immediately each morning out of my coin jar, and at the end of June we can figure something to do with it.
- June Goal: I wish to perform 50 push-ups a day.
- June Goal: None.
- June Goal: No cola before the sun is over the yardarm.
- June Goal: Eh, we'll see.
- June Goal: Well, I'll have to work that out with "my authors," of course.
- June Goal: I don't really need goals right now.