Willem de Kooning and Jeff Koons came in together, and they go out together. Both artists left us this week with records of 1-2, with de Kooning falling to Oskar Kokoschka and Koons overpowered by Raoul Hausmann.
Today's contestants share a loss to Domenico Ghirlandaio. Hausmann fared better against the Florentine master than did Kokoschka, but that doesn't matter today, as they go head to head for the right to survive into the Third Round!
1886 - 1971
Austrian; worked in Germany and France
- Tied against Stanley William Hayter in Round One.
- Lost to Domenico Ghirlandaio in his second try at Round 1.
- Thumped on Sir Godfrey Kneller in First Round Elimination.
- Beat living guy Jeff Koons in the Left Bracket Second Round.
1886 - 1980
Austrian; worked internationally
- Defeated Sir Godfrey Kneller easily in Round 1.
- Lost badly to Domenico Ghirlandaio in Round 2.
- Crushed Willem de Kooning Left Bracket Second Round.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.