In Second Round Elmination, the artists usually have some history in common. What Naum Gabo and Dame Elizabeth Frink have in common is having been beaten badly by Caspar David Friedrich. That, and that they were 20th Century sculptors. In fact, this might be the first all 3-D contest to date! It's the first one I remember, anyway.
Who all lost their third match so that these two could carry on? Sam Francis and Helen Frankenthaler, that's who. Both went 1-2 and now join that great artist's colony of the fallen.
1890 - 1977
- Thumped on 15th century French guy Nicolas Froment in Round 1.
- Took a drubbing from Caspar David Friedrich in Round 2.
- Crushed Sam Francis in the Left Bracket Second Round.
Dame Elisabeth Frink
1930 - 1993
- Lost quite substantially to Caspar F*cking Friedrich in Round 1.
- Squeaked by Nicolas Froment in First Round Elimination by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Walloped Helen Frankenthaler in the Left Bracket Second Round.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.