Barbara Hepworth and Wilhelm Hammershoi both won their First-Round matches, lost their Second-Round matches, and then won the Left Bracket Second Round to stay in the race. This is, as far as I can recall, the first time this has happened -- winners of First-Round Elimination tend to do really well against Second-Round losers. It's enough to justify this tournament being double-elimination, as if any such justification were needed.
Richard Hamilton's two losses came to Hammershoi and Hepworth, and he leaves the Tournament with a 1-2 record. Also exiting this week is Hans Hartung, also at 1-2.
1903 - 1975
- Crushed Patrick Heron in The St. Ives Bowl.
- Lost to Childe Hassam in Round 2.
- Beat Richard Hamilton in the Left Bracket Second Round.
1864 - 1916
- Crushed the late Richard Hamilton in Round 1.
- Lost to Old Master Frans Hals by a single vote in Round 2. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat Hans Hartung in theLeft Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.