We celebrate the first weekend of even-numbered months with Fourth Round contests here in the Infinite Art Tournament. It's an all-American December, with Tom Eakins facing off against the (to him) young whippersnapper Lionel Feininger! Who will prevail? Let's vote!
1844 - 1916
- Crushed German pioneer Adam Elsheimer in Round 1.
- Soundly defeated Belgian James Ensor in Round 2.
- Racked up a strong victory on late votes against Jan Van Eyck in Round 3.
1871 - 1956
American; worked internationally
- Crushed Jean Fautrier in Round 1.
- Held off Carel Fabritius in Round 2 by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Made it by Tsugouharu Foujita in Round 3
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Fourth-round matches are open for at least three months after posting.