OK, so Gaddi tied with Gericault and Longhi tied with Lorenzo Monaco. Then, Gaddi walloped Longhi. Does it follow that Géricault wallops Lorenzo Monaco?
In this case, yes! So, both of the gentlemen from the Gs advance, with Géricault jumping from page 3 to page 5 in the brackets. Let's see how he does!
1791 - 1824
- Routed Mark Gertler in Round 1.
- Lost to Artemeisia Gentileschi in Round 2.
- Tied with Taddeo Gaddi in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Defeated Lorenzo Monaco in the Left Bracket Second Round tiebreaker.
1319 - 1348ish
- Lost to Lorenzo Monaco in Round 1 by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat 20th Century artist Morris Louis in First Round Elimination.
- Made it past Richard Long in the Left Bracket Second Round.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.