Monday, June 1, 2015
The New Monday Quiz Answers
2. Chairman Mao's Long March.
3. The article on Vilnius was in Lithuanian. See? Not tricksy!
4. We're talking Leviticus.
5. The diagram clearly shows a Solar Eclipse. Oops
6. Fungi that have discovered agriculture is a memorable description of lichen.
7. "Certainly it hurts. The trick, Harry Potter, is not minding that it hurts." The speaker is Snape, and the movie is Harry Potter and the... Wait, William Potter? Then it's Lawrence of Arabia.
8. Fifty square meters of alveoli tissue? A lung, baby!
10. "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child!" says King Lear, who knows what he's talking about.
Mrs.5000 aced it, but had been tipped off about the eclipse fiasco. Morgan kind of won when he caught the error. DrSchnell thought I was being tricksy.
4. the Vatican
7. the Virgin Mary
8. Voila! a viola!
ChristineM and DrSchnell split it with 9/10 each, but fall short of Jennifer and UnWise Owl, who had perfect scores in the 2011 outing.