The Wednesday Quiz, in its third incarnation, is basically the same old weekly game of knowledge, intuition, inductive reasoning, and willingness to risk public embarrassment in a friendly and moderately supportive environment!!
Traditionally, it is a closed-book quiz.
It is very possible that answers will come out over the weekend.
1. If you saw this flag flying on a public building, you would probably be where?
2. The Punjab is its most densely populated region. Balochistan is its largest province in area, but it is very sparsely inhabited.
3. Having led a major scientific effort during World War II, he was subsequently denounced (inaccurately) as a communist during the McCarthy era and stripped of his security clearance. Who is the guy who, seeing the fruition of his most important work, famously recalled the Bhagavad Gita: 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
4. As King of Babylon, he oversaw great building programs. He failed to invade Egypt, but he had no problem at all destroying the little kingdom of Judah, destroying its capital and dispersing its leading citizens.
5. He is the founder and Chairman and CEO of News Corporation, the world's second-largest corporate media juggernaut. And it says here his wife is 38 years his junior!
6. In the Book of John, who is miraculously raised from the dead by Jesus of Nazereth?
7. In this map of the solar system, what is the green region called?
8. In a very famous story, his oxen, donkeys, and camels are all stolen, his 7000 sheep die in a mysterious fire, his children all die when their home collapses in a storm, and he is afflicted with serious dermatological problems. What's his name?
9. It has almost a dozen languages spoken by more than 10 million people, including Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, Maithili, Malayam, Marthi, Oriya, and Telugu.
10. What country did this stamp come from?
Record your answers in the comments as your first step towards building the world's second-largest corporate media juggernaut.