The Wednesday Quiz, in its third incarnation, is basically the same old weekly game of knowledge, intuition, inductive reasoning, and willingness to risk public embarrassment in a friendly and moderately supportive environment!!
Traditionally, it is a closed-book quiz.
It is very possible that answers will come out over the weekend.
1. What's the capital of the second largest country in the world?
2. Who also wrote The Real Life of Sebastian Knight, Bend Sinister, Transparent Things, and Look at the Harelequins!
3. Who is shown in this... wait! no! What extremely important world figure was born in 570 and lived until 632?
4. Hydrogen is Element #1, and Helium is Element #2. What is Element #3?
5. It is made with one part vodka, one part triple sec, and one part lemon juice.
6. As the President of the most populous country in the world, as well as General Secretary of its dominant political party and Chairman of its Military Commission, he is arguably far and away the most important person in the world.
But what's his name?
7. Mizoram, Kerala, Sikkim, and Uttar Pradesh are parts of _____________.
8. Who claimed to be but mad north-north-west, and, when the wind was southerly to know a hawk from a handsaw?
9. You've grooved to his operas Galileo Galilei, Akhnaten, and Einstein on the Beach, to his symphonies, and to his often performed violin concerto, but did you know he won a Golden Globe for his music for The Truman Show?
10. What is this a map of?
Put your answers in the comments, then reward yourself with a nice mixture of one part vodka, one part triple sec, and one part lemon juice.