Leaving us this week with records of 1-2 are two twentieth century Europeans: Balthus (18 cumulative votes for, 19 against) and Francis Bacon (17-19). Bacon beat today's first contestant in Round One, but lost to our second contestant in Left Bracket Round Two. Does that mean that Baldung will trump Avercamp? Let's vote!
- Lost to Francis Bacon in Round 1.
- Clobbered Frank Auerbach in Left Bracket First-Round Elimination.
- Handily defeated 20th Century French painter Balthus in the Left Bracket Second Round.
c. 1484 - 1545
- Lost to Giacomo Balla in Round 1.
- Trounced Fra Bartolommeo in Left Bracket first round elimination.
- Beat Francis Bacon in Left Bracket Second Round by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.