In the Infinite Art Tournament, as you know, we have rules and we adhere to them. Therefore, it doesn't matter that when they crossed paintbrushes the first time, Carel Fabritius didn't only crush Henri Fantin-Latour like a bug, he scored one out of only two (I believe) total shutouts to date. Fabritius's momentum didn't get him past a second-round match with Feininger, however, and that's why he's here in the Left Bracket. Meanwhile, Fantin-Latour pulled together some votes to knock out crowd least-favorites Fautriet and Lucio "the Knife" Fontana. He's back for another drubbing, or an amazing reversal, or something in between.
Leaving us with records of 1-2 are Fontana (12 cumulative votes for, 20 against) and Jean Fouquet (16-21). Oh, and remember: the Grudge Match Rule states that a tie goes to the previous victor, so Fantin-Latour has to scrape together an actual win if he wants to be the one who moves on to tangle with Van Eyck in Round Three!
1836 - 1904
- Skunked by Carol Fabritius in Round 1.
- Pummeled Jean Fautrier in First Round Elimination.
- Outpolled Lucio Fontana in the Left Bracket Second Round.
1622 - 1654
- Skunked Henri Fantin-Latour in the Tournament's second-ever shutout in Round 1.
- Lost to Lyonel Feininger by a two-vote swing in Round 2. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Made it past Jean Fouquet in theLeft Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.