The Thursday Quiz!
The Thursday Quiz is, as always, a "Is It or Isn't It" game. From the list of twelve items, your job is to determine whether each IS or ISN'T a true example of the week's category.
Remember always the Habit of Highly Effective Quizzing:
No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. The ThursdayThis Week's Category will be hard to put down!
Quiz is a POP quiz. Violators will lose their power of speech.
Classics of Modern Literature. Kind of.
OK, here's the deal: Some of the following titles are books that were #1 on the New York Times best-seller list for fiction at some point in 2007. A few are books that sold kind of well, but did not quite achieve anything like that standard of greatness. The others, I just made up. Which are the (real) books that were #1 best-sellers in the year just past?
1. Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell
2. Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
3. Double Cross by James Patterson
4. Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
5. The Legal Profession by John Grisham
6. Love's Sweet Mercies by Danielle Steel
7. Playing For Pizza by John Grisham
8. Protect and Defend by Vince Flynn
9. Ran Red by Stephen King
10. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
11. "U" Is For Umbrage by Sue Grafton
12. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Publish your wildly popular answers by posting them in the comments.