1. I was the youngest person to ever serve as chairman of the Oregon Association of Fruit Growers.
2. I competed in "skeleton" at the Lillihammer Olympics, but failed to place.
3. I coined the word "twofer."
4. The Oregon State Court of Appeals has blocked my petition to have my last name legally changed to "5000."
5. I created the original version of "PowerPoint" for my own personal use, but lost the code to Bill Gates in a poker game.
6. I knew Julia Roberts when I was twelve at summer camp.
7. I cribbed my PhD dissertation word for word from a dissertation submitted a few years earlier at a different university -- and no one was ever the wiser.
8. I was going to be placed by the Peace Corps as Kim Jong-il's private English tutor, but the plan fell through three days before I was to arrive in Pyongyang.
9. I am good friends with Kevin Bacon's daughter.
10. I am in possession of several shockingly frank love letters that Abraham Lincoln sent my great-great-great-grandmother during his years in the White House. I see no point, however, in sullying the great man's reputation by selling or publishing them.