The Thursday Quiz is a twelve item is-it-or-isn't-it test of your knowledge, reasoning, stamina, and moxie!
Remember always the Fundamental Rules of the Thursday Quiz:
1. The Thursday Quiz is a POP quiz. No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. Violators will never be able to look at themselves in the mirror again.
Compositions and Composers
2. Don't get all stressed out about it! It's supposed to be fun!
Here we have twelve well-known compositions of classical and jazz music. And, for a change, I didn't make any of them up! Not all of them are matched with the right composer, however.
Which pieces are matched with the correct composer?
1. 1812 Overture, TchaikovskySubmit your answers to michael5000 in the comments.
2. Flemenco Sketches, Mozart
3. Grand Canyon Suite, Ferde Grofe
4. Peer Gynt Suite, Grieg
5. The Pines of Rome, Respighi
6. the Planets, Holst
7. Prelude to the Afternoon of a Fawn, Vivaldi
8. Rhapsody in Blue, Miles Davis
9. The Rite of Spring, Beethoven
10. ‘Round Midnight, Thelonius Monk
11. Scheherazade, Rimsky-Korsakov
12. The Shoes of the Fisherman’s Wife are Some Jiveass Slippers, Duke Ellington