It's the first weekend of an even-numbered month, and that means it's time for some Round Four excitement! To start your August off right, we've got representatives of Britain's Victorian era and the old Dutch Republic going head to head in artistic splendor. Enjoy!
1836 - 1893
- Decisively beat 18th century French painter Jean-Baptiste Greuze in Round 1.
- Advanced against Cubist Juan Gris in Round 2.
- Stunned Venetian master Francesco Guardi in Round 3.
1581 - 1666
- Outpaced American Philip Guston Round 1.
- Edged out the great Dane Wilhelm Hammershoi in Round 2 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Laid a beating on Childe Hassam, even though everybody LIKES Childe Hassam, in Round 3.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Fourth-round matches are open for at least three months after posting.