Naum Gabo has a solid 3-1 record behind him coming into this match, whereas Jacques-Louis David has a bizarre 2-1-3. Despite David's chaotic bouncing around the brackets, however, it doesn't seem that these two artists have any prior opponents in common. It's abstract sculpture versus neoclassical realism in a midsummer stylistic showdown! Enjoy!
1890 - 1977
- Thumped on 15th century French guy Nicolas Froment in Round 1.
- Took a drubbing from Caspar David Friedrich in Round 2.
- Crushed Sam Francis in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Beat up on Dame Elisabeth Frink in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination.
1748 - 1825
- Beat 20th century American Stuart Davis after a tough fight in Round 1.
- Tied Honoré Daumier in Round 2. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Tied again with Paul Gauguin in Round 2 Tiebreak. YOUR VOTE SURE COUNTS!
- Tied yet again, absurdly, with Francisco Goya, in another Round 2 Tiebreak. WOW, DOES YOUR VOTE EVER COUNT!!!
- Finally escaped the vortex by beating David Hockney in yet another Round 2 Tiebreak.
- Slain in his tent by Artemisia Gentileschi in Round 3.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.