Leaving us this week after very respectable runs are Childe Hassam (2-2; 30 vf, 27 va) and Francesco Guardi (2-2; 42 vf, 23 va), both of whom made it to Round Three before being knocked out by losing two straight.
1725 - 1805
- Lost to Atkinson Grimshaw in Round 1.
- Scorched another French guy 20 years his elder, Baron Antoine-Jean Gros, in First Round Elimination.
- Beat German satirist George Grosz in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination by a two-vote swing -- YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat that other cubist, Juan Gris, in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination by a two-vote swing -- YOUR VOTE COUNTS AGAIN!!!
- Beat Childe Hassam in the Left Bracket Third Round.
1864 - 1916
- Crushed the late Richard Hamilton in Round 1.
- Lost to Old Master Frans Hals by a single vote in Round 2. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat Hans Hartung in the Left Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
- Beat Barbara Hepworth decisively in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination.
- Clobbered Francesco Guardi in the Left Bracket Third Round by another two-vote swing.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.