What better climax to Grudge Match Week than that most brutal of conflicts: the conflict between father and son.
Fra Filippo Lippi beat his son Filippino in Round 1, but a loss to El Lissitzky landed him in the Left Brackets and now, well, here we are. By the Grudge Match Rule, Little Phil has to win outright to stay in the Tournament; a tie goes to Papa Phil on the strength of his original win. Either way, the proud Lippi name will progress to the Third Round, so that's a consolation.
Fra Filippo Lippi
1406ish - 1469
- Beat his own son in Round 1.
- Lost a shocker to El Lissitzky in Round 2.
- Smacked down John Constable in light voting in the Left Bracket Second Round.
1457 - 1504
- Lost to his father in Round 1.
- Crushed fifteenth century German Stefan Lochner in First Round Elimination.
- Walloped on
Jean-Étienne Liotard in the Left Bracket Second Round.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.