Today, he meets Manet, a big-name painter who arrives here after a Round Three upset versus Timothy Ely. Who will stay alive to take on the winner of Man Ray/Marc? Let's find out, starting right now.
Theo Van Doesburg
1883 - 1931
- Tied with William Dobson in his first try at the First Round, in December 2012.
- Skunked by Ernst Haeckel in a second shot at Round 1.
- Snuck by his contemporary John Marin in First Round Elimination by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat early master Simone Martini in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Beat John Martin in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination by a two-vote swing -- YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1832 - 1883
- Thumped on Minimalist Robert Mangold in Round 1.
- Overcame Andrea Mantegna in Round 2.
- Lost to living American Tim Ely in Round 3 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.