"Semifinals" designates the Fourth to Seventh Rounds of the Infinite Art Tournament. This is a Left Bracket Fourth Round Match between Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin (4-1, 38-24, .613) and Mary Cassatt (3-1, 36-22, .621). Leaving the Tournament after falling to Chardin 7-9 is Joseph Cornell (3-2, 42-26). Cornell's "batting average" of .618 puts him at third place among the 216 artists who have left the Tournament. He replaces Alma-Tadema in that spot, behind only Antonello da Messina and Boccioni.
1699 - 1779
- Crushed American William Merritt Chase in Round 1.
- Beat Italian Giorgio De Chirico in Round 2.
- Lost to somebody named Paul Cézanne in Round 3.
- Came from behind to beat Pieter Claesz by a two-vote swing in the Left Bracket Third Round. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Held out against Joseph Cornell in Left Bracket Third Round Elimination by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1844 - 1926
American; worked in France
- Defeated Andrea del Castagno in Round 1.
- Gave early 16th century Venetian Vincenzo Catena a thorough drubbing in Round 2.
- Crushed Vittore Carpaccio in Round 3.
- Blown out by Gustave Caillebotte in Round 4.