"Semifinals" designates the Fourth to Seventh Rounds of the Infinite Art Tournament. This is a Left Bracket Fourth Round Match between Gustave Courbet (5-1, 42-30, .583) and Richard Diebenkorn (3-1, 30-27, .526). Gerard David (4-2, 41-35, .539) leaves the Tournament after a close loss to Courbet.
1819 - 1877
- Defeated 15th Century Italian Francesco Del Cossa after a see-saw battle in Round 1.
- Lost to Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, a guy from the previous generation, in Round 2.
- Stampeded Aelbert Cuyp in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Defeated 15th Century Italian Francesco Del Cossa, again, in a Left Bracket Second Round Elimination grudge match. It was another close one.
- Beat his contemporary and countryman Honoré Daumier by a two-vote swing in the Left Bracket Third Round. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Defeated Gerard David in Left Bracket Third Round Elimination by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1922 - 1994
- Defeated André Derain by a single vote in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat Paul Delvaux decisively in Round 2.
- Snuck by Georges Braque in Round 3 on the final vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Lost to Albrecht Dürer in Round 4.