The Thursday Quiz!
The Thursday Quiz is an "Is It or Isn't It" game. From the list of twelve items, your job is to determine whether each IS or ISN'T a true example of the week's category.
Remember always, the rules are the same no matter where you're from:
No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. The ThursdayThis Week's Category is very cosmopolitan!
Quiz is a POP quiz. Violators will have their language confounded.
Words in European Languages
Some of the following sets are equivalent common words in seven European languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Dutch, and Finnish. In the other sets, things have been twisted and warped in the traditional michael5000 fashion.
Clarification: if a set of words is bogus, it is predominantly bogus. There are no sets, for instance, where only the Finnish word is wrong. Shame on you for even thinking of such a thing.
For the accurate sets, provide the equivalent word in English. For the bogus sets, just mark 'em as "bogus"!
1. diece - ounze - unci - unze - elfte - eleevan - kallistoni
2. doce - douze - dodici - doze - zwölf - twaalf - kaksitoista
3. equido - echeul - equino - equito - Herz - hers - kissa
4. fisico - fisicien - doctoro - fésico - Medikman - medicin - hälläväri
5. golf - golf - golf - golf - Golf - golf - golf
6. hermana - soeur - sorella - irmã - Schwester - zus - sisko
7. luna - lune - luna - lua - Mond - maan - kuu
8. matematidor - matematieur - matematidor - mãtematidor -
Komputmachinen - additor - kaliskaanin
9. país - pays - paese - país - Land - land - maa
10. perro - chien - cane - cão - Hund - hond - koira
11. pueblo - ville - città - cidade - Stadt - stad - kaupunki
12. sol - soleil - sole - sol - Sonne - zon - aurinko
Using the English language, post your answers in the comments.