The Thursday Quiz has been a twelve item is-it-or-isn't-it test of your knowledge, reasoning, stamina, and moxie!
Remember always the Fundamental Rules of the Thursday Quiz:
1. The Thursday Quiz is a POP quiz. No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. Violators will never be able to look at themselves in the mirror again.
How Things End.
2. Don't get all stressed out about it! It's supposed to be fun!
IS IT or ISN'T it The End, my beautiful friend, The End?
1. The Beatles' "White Album" ends with the short song "Her Majesty."
2. Beethoven's 6th Symphony ends with what was at the time a highly unusual 5th movement, titled "Shepherds' song; cheerful and thankful feelings after the storm."
3. Benjamin Harrison’s administration ended when he was voted out of office in a landslide due to public outrage over conduct of the Mexican War.
4. Britain's War of the Roses ended with the elimination of the Plantagenet dynasty and its replacement by the Tudors, who would rule for the following century.
5. Edward VIII's reign as King of England ended in 1936 when he abdicated so that he could marry an American divorcee.
6. Hamlet ends with Prince Fortinbras of Norway suddenly becoming the King of Denmark.
7. Interstate 70 ends at San Francisco, California on the west, and Miami, Florida on the east.
8. J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit ends with the short sentence "'Well, I'm back,' he said."
9. The movie Citizen Kane ends with a shot of a dying man uttering the word "Rosebud," then dropping a snow globe on the floor.
10. The Nirvana song "All Apologies" ends with Kurt Cobain repeating the phrase "All in all is all we are."
11. The Oklahoma panhandle ends, to the west, at a short border with New Mexico.
12. The Rio Grande River ends where it meets the Gulf of Mexico in the harbor of Houston, Texas.
Submit your answers in the comments.