The Thursday Quiz is a twelve item is-it-or-isn't-it test of your knowledge, reasoning, stamina, and moxie!
Remember always the Fundamental Rules of the Thursday Quiz:
1. The Thursday Quiz is a POP quiz. No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. Violators will never be able to look at themselves in the mirror again.
Famous Movies and Their Directors!
2. Don't get all stressed out about it! It's supposed to be fun!
All of the following movies show up pretty regularly on lists of the best movies of all times. Except, some I've listed with their actual directors, and some I haven't. For each movie, IS IT the actual director? Or ISN'T IT?
1. Battleship Potemkin, Sergei Eisenstein
2. The Bicycle Thief, Federico Fellini
3. Birth of a Nation, D.W. Griffith
4. Casablanca, John Huston
5. The Godfather, Martin Scorsese
6. Lawrence of Arabia, Sam Peckinpah
7. Orson Welles, Citizen Kane
8. Psycho, Alfred Hitchcock
9. The Seven Samurai, Akira Kurosawa
10. Singin' in the Rain, Fred Astaire
11. Star Wars, Steven Spielberg
12. The Wizard of Oz, Frank Capra
Submit your answers in the comments.