But now, as we begin the final quarter of 2015, I thought it might be fun to look back and see how I've done with my goals for what historians call "the Long April 2012" -- the period since I last set goals.
Progress, April 2012 - September 2015, and goals for October 2015
Weighing-in: The April 2012 Goal was "I will continue to weigh myself every morning in the established manner, and the late-March financial penalty of 10 cents per tenth of a pound over 200 pounds, daily, will continue through April. Ha! Ha Ha Ha! (sob!) This would be well over a $1000 penalty by now. After ballooning to a record-high 218 in early summer, I've been stable at about 212 for the last few months.
- October Goal: Maybe I could try to be stable at about 211 by the end of October.
- October Goal: How about, I will try to perform ([date] + 10) push-ups every day in October!
- October Goal: "...to try to work towards a state of being where I am capable of doing pull-ups. It doesn’t really make sense to put a numerical value on this, as I’m far from sure I am able to do a single pull-up at this point. If I’m able to... do that exercise where you pull your knees up, I’ll try to do, oh, ten of those a day."
- October Goal: To continue not drinking any cola.
- October Goal: You know, it's not like I'm wolfing down kale by the bushel or anything, but I actually feel like I eat enough veggies these days, and especially fruit, that it's not something I really need to track.
- October Goal: Run 80 miles
- October Goal: Confirm that bicycle is still in working order. Take it for a spin around the neighborhood.