It's the first weekend of October, and our Fourth Round match features a rare Danish entry against an early representative of art powerhouse France. Both of these guys barely squeaked by their Third Round opponents -- but who will squeak his way into the Fifth Round? Let's find out.
Peter Severin Krøyer
1851 - 1900
- Thumped Leon Kossoff in Round 1.
- Crushed American Jeff Koons, albeit with gentle lyricism, in Round 2.
- On recount, was found to have beaten Florentine master Domenico Ghirlandaio in Round 3 by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Georges de La Tour
1593 - 1652
- Trounced Peter Lanyon in Round 1.
- Walloped animal specialist Sir Edwin Landseer in Round 2.
- Overcame the Czech abstract painter Frantisek Kupka in Round 3, but only by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Fourth-round matches are open for at least three months after posting.