Jan Davidsz de Heem beat Marie Laurencin in the First Round, and Roberto Matta just beat de Heem in the Left Bracket Second Round. So obviously, Matta will beat Laurencin easily, right?
NOT SO FAST!! Tournament veterans know that it doesn't necessarily work like that! So let's do this thing right -- vote for the artist of your choice, and we'll see who makes it to the Third Round!
1883 - 1956
- Fought to a tie with Sir Thomas Lawrence in her First Round debut, in July 2014.
- Lost to Jan Davidsz de Heem in her second try at Round 1.
- Beat Florentine master Masolino in First Round Elimination.
- Edged by German master Hans Memling in the Left Bracket Second Round by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Roberto Sebastian Echaurren Matta
1911 - 2002
- Lambasted by Henri Matisse in Round 1.
- Decisively defeated German portraitist Anton Raphael Mengs in First Round Elimination.
- Snuck past Dutch master Jan Davidsz de Heem in the Left Bracket Second Round by a two vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.