The upper left hand side of page three of the brackets has been a mess for a couple of years. Today we resolve the old Gaddi/Gericault tie -- both of them survived their tiebreakers! -- but that won't really do much for us until the ancient tie from First Round Elimination #17 gets taken care of. Someday!
In the meantime, it's Gaddi v. Hockney!
c.1300 - 1366
- Lost to Thomas Gainsborough in Round 1 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Bested hard-to-pronounce sculptor Henri Gaudier-Brzeska in First Round Elimination.
- Tied with Théodore Géricault in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Crushed Pietro Longhi in the Left Bracket Second Round.
British; works in United States
- Beat Howard Hodgkin in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Tied with Switzerland's Ferdinand Hodler in Round 2.
- Lost to Jacques-Louis David in the Round 2 tiebreaker.
- Beat Gentile da Fabriano in the Left Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.