1. Elements 4 and 10 are an Alkaline Earth Metal and a Noble gas. Are they:
Beryllium and Neon2. In the King James Bible, Genesis 4:10 reads And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. Who's speaking, who is being spoken to, and what hast the person who is being spoken to done?
Calcium and Krypton
Magnesium and Argon
Strontium and Xenon
3. The Second Book of Nephi 4:10 reads And it came to pass that when my father had made an end of speaking unto them, behold, he spake unto the sons of Ishmael, yea, and even all his household. Where would you find this passage?
4. Four Ten (1946 – 1971) won the National Hunt Handicap Chase in 1953. In the following season he made rapid improvement and defeated a strong field to win the 1954 Cheltenham Gold Cup in March. He went on to finish third in the 1955 Gold Cup and won several other steeplechases. Four Ten was a ___________.
5. The fourth and tenth most populous countries in the world are:
Ethiopia and Mozambique6. If you've got a rectangle that's four feet by ten feet, how many rectangles that are four inches by ten inches can you fit inside of it? ...keeping in mind that, as every Unitedstatesian schoolboy knows, there are twelve inches in a foot.
France and Vietnam
Germany and the United Kingdom
Indonesia and Japan
7. Speaking of that rectangle that's four feet by ten feet -- its diagonal is about thirteen feet, correct?
8. If a sporting enthusiast tells you that it is "Fourth and Ten," what sport are they watching, and what is likely to be the next thing that happens in the sporting event?
9. It would be pretty difficult to beat four tens in a game of poker. What are two ways it could be done?
10a. You'd have to be an amazingly prolific composer to crank out 10 pieces in each of the four prestige genre of symphony, piano concerto, string quartet, and piano sonata. Joseph Haydn jumps to mind, but his keyboard concerti are pretty dubious in terms of their authenticity. Heck, I can only think of one guy who pulled it off! Who was he?
10b. The fourth song on the Beatles' (more or less) tenth album is "Hey Bulldog." What's the album called?
Answers go in the comments!
Two weeks ago, The New Monday Quiz celebrated March 27th specifically, and the number 27 in general. The answers were:
1. The "extra" letter in the Spanish alphabet is the ñ.So, Eavan Moore go six of those plus was correct regarding the personal significance of 27 for herself, for 7. Cmannix got six. Susan got five plus personal significance, for six. The Owl scored eight plus one for nine. That's a lot of rightness! But DrSchnell got nine and a half (half marks for extra answers on #1) and TOTAL VICTORY OVER THE 27TH. He wins the right to call himself The King of the 27th, until the 27th. Until then, he is also an honorary member of the 27 Club, which is the best kind of member to be!
2. The dominant baseball team is the New York Yankees.
3. The 27 Club's members include Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, and so on.
4. The cube root of 27 is 3, what with 3 x 3 x 3 = 27.
5. Rin Tin Tin starred in 27 movies; other dogs named Rin Tin Tin starred in subsequent movies, but were apparently just not as good.
6. Element #27 is Cobalt.
7. Any classical composition with a "K." number instead of an "opus" number, that's Mozart.
8. Twenty-seven is a lot of piano sonatas! 1814? It must be Beethoven.
9. 27th most populous country? Korea (South)
10. Mr. Nkoulou hails from Cameroon.