We are gathered here today to get into this thing called a Second-Round Elimination Tiebreak. It is occasioned by the tying up of Guido Reni and Pierre August Renoir. They'll pair off against Lorenzo Ghiberti and Sir Henry Raeburn, who tied in an earlier tiebreaker after initially stalemating against William Holman Hunt and Ljubov Popova, respectively. Got it? Good.
1378 - 1455
- Tied with Domenico Ghirlandaio in a June 2013 First-Round match.
- Lost to the colorful Raoul Dufy in his second Round 1 match.
- Beat Jean-Antoine Houdon in First Round Elimination.
- Took down Russia's Alexander Ivanov in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Tied with William Holman Hunt in a Left Bracket Second Round Elimination match. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Tied with Sir Henry Raeburn in a Left Bracket Second Round Elimination Tiebreak match that failed to break its tie. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1575 - 1642
- Lost to Rembrandt in Round 1.
- Beat Sir Joshua Reynolds in First Round Elimination.
- Beat José de Ribera easily in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Locked in a tie with Pierre Auguste Renoir in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.