Now! 100% Free of Groundhog Content!
The new weekly game of knowledge, intuition, inductive reasoning, and willingness to risk public embarrassment in a friendly and moderately supportive environment!!
Tell two friends to take the Wednesday Quiz! They'll tell two friends to take the Wednesday Quiz! And so on, and so on, and so on! Answers come out on Friday!
1. It's the one with "Michelle," "In My Life," and "Girl."
2. Once a feisty little publishing firm that made headlines by publishing the allegedly obscene Ulysses, it is now the brand name for one of the most enormous publishing empires here on the planet.
3. If you were here, where would you be?
4. The eighth book of the Old Testament is a short story about famine, love, and real estate. What's it called?
5. What well-known team includes Cupid and Vixen among its members?
6. Who painted this?
7. What author penned these lines?
"It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."
"As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them."
8. Assuming that the line AC is perpendicular to the line BD -- and I assure you, it is -- ABCD is a ___________.
9. Some of his other books are Shame, Haroun and the Sea of Stories, East, West,The Ground Beneath Her Feet, and The Enchantress of Florence.
10. What's that word that means: a container for the physical remains of saints, such as bones or pieces of clothing, or for some other object associated with saints or other religious figures?
The tie-breaker, if you are so inclined: How many other visual artists can you name whose names begin with this week's letter. Responses will be fame-checked in the library5000's reasonably extensive library of second-hand art books.
Get at least five right, or there will be another six weeks of winter! Answers in the comments, of course.