The Wednesday Quiz, in its third incarnation, is basically the same old weekly game of knowledge, intuition, inductive reasoning, and willingness to risk public embarrassment in a friendly and moderately supportive environment!!
Traditionally, it is a closed-book quiz.
It is very possible that answers will come out over the weekend.
1. Nayarit, Sinaloa, and Tabasco are three of its states.
2. One of the most important figures in the history of chemistry, he named oxygen and hydrogen, made the first good list of the elements and established Sulfur as one of them, demonstrated the conservation of mass, and helped develop the metric system. One wonders what he might have achieved if he hadn't been pointlessly guillotined during the Terror.
3. It's that very stylized form of classical Japanese theater.
4. His favorite son had an amazing technicolor dreamcoat, or so we're told.
5. And this is a map of where?
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,Identify, man.
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night...
7. From the wiki, because I'm on shaky ground here.
Some predictions of _________ ___________ differ significantly from those of classical physics, especially concerning the passage of time, the geometry of space, the motion of bodies in free fall, and the propagation of light. Examples of such differences include gravitational time dilation, gravitational lensing, the gravitational redshift of light, and the gravitational time delay. [Its] predictions have been confirmed in all observations and experiments to date.What, specifically, are we talking about?
8. It's an official method of describing the weather in three countries: the Cayman Islands, Belize, and the United States of America.
9. The man talking in this photograph is in a leadership position for an enterprise of great import. What's his name?
10. What's this strategically important area called?
Express your answers in that very stylized form of classical Japanese theater.