1. This might be a self portrait of the great painter ________________.
2. What famous text is the source of this quotation?
says the Teacher.
Everything is meaningless.”
What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever....
Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.
3. What country is the proud home of the little lighthouse shown here?
4. Who wrote Medea, Electra, and The Trojan Women?
5. He wrote an adaptation of the Nutcracker Suite and incidental music for Timon of Athens, but more importantly a huge catalog of jazz standards including "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)," "Mood Indigo," and "Take the A Train," and "I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good."
6. There are three elements that would have been eligible for this week's quiz. Can you name one of them?
7. It's a map of Sunday church attendance. Where?
8. After the dissolution of the Portuguese Empire in 1975, this country was immediately invaded by a large neighboring state. After 27 years of resistance, it became an independent country in May 2002.
9. Here's a still from a well-known 1980 film. What's it called?