Hey, it's the first weekend of an even-numbered month! And therefore we indulge in the Fourth Round of the Infinite Art Tournament. This time, the pairing includes the first Play-In Artist yet to make it this far in the action.
1797 - 1858
- Defeated Meindert Hobbema in Round 1 by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Thumped on American folk painter Edward Hicks in Round 2.
- Beat Switzerland's Ferdinand Hodler in Round 3.
1908 - 1963
Spanish; worked in Mexico
- Finished First in Phase 1, Flight 3 of the Play-In Tournament with a voting score of .917.
- Finished First in Phase 2, Flight 1 of the Play-In Tournament with a voting score of .500.
- Beat André Beauneveu in Round 1.
- Defeated Katsushika Hokusai in Round 2.
- Thumped Dutch Master Pieter De Hooch in Round 3.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Fourth-round matches are open for at least three months after posting.