The two Dutch contemporaries meet today for a battle of landscapes versus interiors. The winner gets his name on the semifinals bracket sheet; the loser will always remember that time he beat Goya, or Homer.
1638 - 1706
- Lost to Andō Hiroshige in Round 1.
- Dismissed Nicholas Hilliard in First Round Elimination.
- Snuck by Francisco Goya by a two-vote swing in the Left Bracket Second Round. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat American Edward Hicks in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination.
Pieter De Hooch
1629 - 1684
- Overcame Gerrit van Honthorst, his countryman from the previous generation, in Round 1.
- Shocked American Winslow Homer in Round 2 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Lost to Remedios Varo in Round 3.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.