John Piper and Pisanello entered the Tournament as First Round opponents last November. The fifteenth century Italian took that contest, but it was a close one. Since then, Piper has won two straight, and Pisanello dropped one and then came back with a win. That sets up today's Grudge Match! A tie goes to Pisanello on the strength of his original win -- Piper needs an outright majority to survive.
Leaving us today with a victory and two losses apiece are Antonio del Pollaiolo and the late Sigmar Polke.
1903 - 1992
- Lost to Pisanello in Round 1 by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat Florentine master Andrea Pisano in First Round Elimination.
- Beat Sigmar Polke in the Left Bracket Second Round.
1395ish - 1455ish
- Beat twentieth century Brit John Piper by a two-vote swing in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Lost to Camille Pissarro in Round 2.
- Made it past Antonio del Pollaiolo in the Left Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.