"Semifinals" designates the Fourth to Seventh Rounds of the Infinite Art Tournament. This is a Left Bracket Fourth Round Match between El Greco (4-1-1, 39-32, .549) and Franz Hals (3-1, 29-19, .604). Hugo van der Goes (4-2, 36-36, .500) leaves the Tournament after a close loss to El Greco.
1541 - 1614
Greek; worked in Italy and Spain
- Defeated Florentine master Benozzo Gozzoli in Round 1 in a contest that went down to the last vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Tied with Francisco Goya in Round 2. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Stunned Paul Gauguin in a lopsided Round 2 tiebreaker.
- Lost to somebody called Vincent van Gogh in Round 3.
- Easily beat Giulio Romano in the Left Bracket Third Round.
- Defeated Hugo van der Goes in Left Bracket Third Round Elimination by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1581 - 1666
- Outpaced American Philip Guston Round 1.
- Edged out the great Dane Wilhelm Hammershoi in Round 2 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Laid a beating on Childe Hassam, even though everybody LIKES Childe Hassam, in Round 3.
- Upset by Atkinson Grimshaw in Round 4.