Another Quiz in the lighter, more relaxed summer NMQ format, with questions written specifically for your warm-weather enjoyment!
1. In 1600, an English sailor arrives in Japan and has many, many adventures. That's that basic premise of what 1975 best-seller?
2. Name the 1978 Summer blockbuster!
3. What artist painted these?
4. She is famous on the internet, ironically enough, for writing “You cannot find peace by avoiding life." That wasn't really something she said, though; those are words put in her mouth by the book and movie The Hours. But she did write “I am made and remade continually. Different people draw different words from me,” in her 1931 novel The Waves. Name the made and remade author!
5. Here's a geological map. What's the country?
6. Here's a famous painting! Do you know the artist, the title, or anything else interesting about it?
7. I took the name of the city off of this postcard to make it harder to tell where it's from! Where's it from?
8. There's only one well-known 40th Symphony, and it was completed 228 years ago today. It's still in heavy rotation, in classical music circles! Who was the composer?
Last week's Summer Quiz answers were: Dune, Shrek, Cezanne, Dostoevsky, Morocco, Botticelli's Venus and Mars, London, and Brazil. We're going to give initial joint custody of the Summer Quiz Cup to DrSchnell and pfly, for their basically-perfect slates.