The demand that I make of my reader is that he should devote his whole Life to taking my quiz.
1. This 1813 best-seller, according to the Wiki,
tells the story of Mr. and Mrs. Bennet's five unmarried daughters after two gentlemen have moved into their neighbourhood: the rich and eligible Mr. Bingley, and his status-conscious friend, the even richer and more eligible Mr. Darcy. While Bingley takes an immediate liking to the eldest Bennet daughter, Jane, Darcy is disdainful of local society and repeatedly clashes with the Bennets' lively second daughter, Elizabeth.What's the book?
2. These chaps are about to have a rough time, in a 1998 Summer blockbuster. What's the film?
3. Who is the famous artist who made these three paintings?
4. An internet list of "13 Unforgettable Quotes" from the writer who created Stephen Daedalus and Leopold and Molly Bloom includes these three:
"'History,' Stephen said, 'is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."Who's the author?
"Shakespeare is the happy hunting ground of all minds that have lost their balance."
"The demand that I make of my reader is that he should devote his whole Life to reading my works."
5.What country is shown here?
6. Another famous painting! Who is the painter? Who is the subject?
7. Greetings from where?
8. The S.S. Ancon was famous, relatively speaking, for being the first ship ever to do something. Here's a picture of it happening, 102 years ago today! What did the Ancon do?
Last week's Summer Quiz answers werelike so:
1. Alice in WonderlandDrSchnell takes it! DrSchnell takes it! DrSchnell wins the gold medal in Summer Quizzing!
2. Terminator 2
4. Ernest Hemingway
5. North Korea
6. Edward Hopper, Nighthawks
7. Rio de Janeiro
8. Richard Nixon had just resigned as President of the United States