It has been a while since we've seen Mabuse, who was kept in waiting for a year by a tie between Maillol and Lowry. Maillol has now fallen to Nash in the tiebreaker, giving us a disparate pair contending here for the right to take on Lotto in late September!
Mabuse / aka Jan Gossaert
c.1478 - 1532
- Beat Bernardino Luini in Round 1.
- Lost to René Magritte in Round 2.
- Crushed Tony Cragg in terms of votes -- although many voters were torn -- in the Left Bracket Second Round.
1889 - 1946
- Lost at the last second to Murillo in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Tied with Edvard Munch in First Round Elimination.
- Defeated Sir Jacob Epstein in First Round Elimination Tiebreak.
- Tied with the Master of Moulins in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Defeated Aristide Maillol in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination Tiebreak by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.