This week, Piero di Cosimo has a second encounter with Mr. Pablo Picasso, who beat him nine votes to four in the Second Round, back in January 2016. Grudge Match rules, ladies and gentlemen: a tie will belong to Picasso on the strength of his original win. To stay in the Tournament, Piero di Cosimo must win outright.
Leaving us this week are Jackson Pollack (2-2; 18 vf, 25 va) and Pisanello (3-2; 28 vf, 26 va).
Piero di Cosimo
1461ish - 1521
- Skunked Pietro da Cortona in Round 1.
- Lost -- but respectably -- to Pablo Picasso, in Round 2.
- Beat his contemporary Perugino in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Beat Francis Picabia in the Left Bracket Second Round by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Toppled Jackson Pollack in the Left Bracket Third Round.
1881 - 1973
- Beat Piero della Francesca easily in Round 1.
- Beat Piero di Cosimo in Round 2.
- Upset by Joachim Patenier in the Round 3 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat Pisanello in the Left Bracket Third Round.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.