The Thursday Quiz is a twelve item is-it-or-isn't-it test of your knowledge, reasoning, stamina, and moxie!
Remember always the Fundamental Rules of the Thursday Quiz:
1. The Thursday Quiz is a POP quiz. No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. Violators will never be able to look at themselves in the mirror again.
Wicked Clever Inventor Dudes
2. Don't get all stressed out about it! It's supposed to be fun!
Here are twelve legends of science and technology, along with the devices they invented. Or shall we say, history being the murky business that it is, the devices for which they have a defensible claim for being described as the inventor. Except a few of the pairings are, of course, totally bogus. Which of the following IS and which ISN'T an accurate pairing of inventor and invention?
1. Alexander Graham Bell -- the telephone
2. Thomas Edison -- the phonograph, the commercially practical light bulb, and the motion picture projector
3. Enrico Fermi -- the nuclear reactor
4. Benjamin Franklin -- the magnifying glass and the gas oven
5. Paul von Hindenburg -- the Zeppelin
6. Thomas Jefferson -- the theodolite (a surveying tool)
7. Antoni van Leeuwenhoek -- the microscope
8. Samuel Morse -- the telegraph
9. Alfred Nobel -- dynamite
10. Igor Sikorsky -- the helicopter
11. Alessandro Volta -- the battery
12. Frank Lloyd Wright -- reinforced concrete
Submit your answers in the comments.