Leaving us are Denis's surprise victim Donatello (2-2; 27 vf, 23 va) and the 16th century Italian Dosso Dossi (2-2; 28 vf, 34 va).
1870 - 1943
- Lost to Paul Delvaux on the last vote in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Squeaked by Andre Derain in First Round Elimination by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Piled up votes versus Otto Dix in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Lit it up all over Constantin Brancusi in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination.
- Snuck by Donatello -- Donatello!! -- by a two-vote swing in the Left Bracket Third Round. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1882 - 1963
- Defeated Modernist sculptor Constantin Brancusi in Round 1 in a thrilling come-from-behind one-vote dust-up! YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Languished for the better part of a year before the discovery that his victory was miscalculated as a tie.
- Made it past Germany's Otto Dix in Round 2.
- Lost to Richard Diebenkorn in Round 3 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Broke away from Dosso Dossi in the Left Bracket Third Round.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.