Alexander Ivanov and Raoul Dufy both won in the First Round, but they've been knocked out now; Lorenzo Ghiberti and William Holman Hunt both started with a loss, but have each piled up a pair of wins to keep alive.
Now, Hunt has just beaten Dufy, and it was Dufy who handed Ghiberti his loss. That would seem to give Hunt a pretty good shot at staying alive into the Third Round. But Tournament watchers know that the transitive property is often suspended in the tough world of democratic art appreciation. Let the voting begin, and the dust settle where it may!
1378 - 1455
- Tied with Domenico Ghirlandaio in a June 2013 First-Round match.
- Lost to the colorful Raoul Dufy in his second Round 1 match.
- Beat Jean-Antoine Houdon in First Round Elimination.
- Took down Russia's Alexander Ivanov in the Left Bracket Second Round.
William Holman Hunt
1827 - 1910
- Lost to Ingres in Round 1.
- Beat Alexei von Jawlensky by a single vote in First Round Elimination. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
- Made it past Raoul Dufy in the Left Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.