Jean Baptiste Oudry beat Gerrard Dou in the First Round, but both artists ended up getting knocked out of the Tournament this week with records of 1-2. Oudry fell to Jean-François Millet and Dou to Joan Miró.
Millet and Miró, meanwhile, have a First Round history of their own. When they met back in April, in a contest that barely made a voting quorum, it was Miró who ended up advancing 5-4 to take on Michelangelo. That means that Millet needs to win outright this time to stay alive. In the event of a tie, Miró will win on the strength of his earlier victory. That's some catch, that grudge match rule.
1893 - 1983
- Defeated Jean-François Millet by a single vote in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Lost to one "Michelangelo" in Round 2. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Crushed Gerrard Dou in the Left Bracket Second Round.
1814 - 1875
- Gleaned by Joan Miro in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Snuck by Sir John Everett Millais in First Round Elimination. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Made it past Jean Baptiste Oudry in the Left Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting, but likely much longer.