Some funny things happened on the way to this month's Fourth Round match. The oldest pair of open Third Round matches were Benton/Lotto and Goldsworthy/Magritte, but there's no point in advancing them because the left bracket is already congested by a tie in that area. The next oldest pair was Massys/Matisse and Metsu/Michaelangelo, but -- check this out -- Metsu and Michaelangelo have fought to a tie themselves! So that brings us to the current match, brought to you by two close-fought art-historical upsets: Haeckel defeating Franz Marc, and Tim Ely upsetting Manet. Never a dull moment!
- Took First Place in Phase 1, Flight 7, with a voting score of .813.
- Tied for First in Phase 2, Flight 5 of the Play-In Tournament with a voting score of .500.
- Laid a beating on William Dobson in Round 1.
- Surprised Man Ray in Round 2.
- Upset Édouard Manet in Round 3 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1834 - 1919
- Finished Second in Phase 1, Flight 1 of the Play-In Tournament, with a voting score of .800.
- Finished Second in Phase 2, Flight 4 of the Play-In Tournament, with a voting score of .500.
- Slaughtered Theo Van Doesburg in Round 1.
- Tied with Franz Marc in his first try at Round 2.
- Crushed John Martin in the Round 2 Tiebreaker.
- Beat Franz Marc in a Round 3 rematch by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Fourth-round matches are open for at least three months after posting.