So far this year, five out of the sixth artists to appear in Fourth Round matches have come out of the Play-In Tournament. Good thing we had a Play-In Tournament!
Thomas Hart Benton
1889 - 1975
- Finished First in Phase 1, Flight 10, with a voting score of .818.
- Tied for Second in Phase 2, Flight 2, with a voting score of .364.
- Survived the Phase 2 Tiebreaker.
- Beat John Robert Cozens easily in Round 1.
- Beat Richard Long easily in Round 2.
- Crushed Lorenzo Lotto in Round 3.
- Finished First in Phase 1, Flight 12 of the Play-In Tournament, with a voting score of .923.
- Finished First in Phase 2, Flight 4, with a voting score of .500.
- Beat contemporary Tony Cragg decisively in Round 1.
- Walloped L.S. Lowry in Round 2.
- Defeated René Magritte in Round 3.
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Fourth-round matches are open for at least three months after posting.