Meanwhile, Lissitzky went on to beat Ansel Adams in the Third Round, setting up today's match faceoff in the elite Third Round Elimination Bracket (Nickname: "Gateway to the Semi-finals").
Leaving the Tournament this week are Wyndham Lewis (3-2; 32-28, .533) and the Limbourg Brothers (2-2; 26-20; .565), with the 21st and 11th strongest "batting averages" of the 233 Tournament leavers to date!
1902 - 1994
- Tied for First place in Phase 1, Flight 4, with a voting score of .733.
- Tied for Second in Phase 2, Flight 1 of the Play-In Tournament with a voting score of .417.
- Survived the Phase 2 Tiebreaker.
- Held on to beat John Constable in Round 1.
- Trounced Switzerland's Jean-Étienne Liotard in Round 2.
- Beaten by El Lissitzky in a tough Third Round match.
- Beat up on Wyndham Lewis by a two-vote swing in the Left Bracket Third Round.
1457 - 1504
- Lost to his father in Round 1.
- Crushed fifteenth century German Stefan Lochner in First Round Elimination.
- Walloped on Jean-Étienne Liotard in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Reversed his First Round loss with a stunning victory over his father in a Left Bracket Second Round Grudge Match.
- Beat the Limbourg Brothers in the Left Bracket Third Round by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.