"Semifinals" designates the Fourth to Seventh Rounds of the Infinite Art Tournament. This is a Left Bracket Fourth Round Elimination Match. It's the first pairing at this level to witness a GRUDGE MATCH, as Franz Hals (4-1, 35-24, .593) and Wilhelm Hammershoi (6-1, 59-27, .686) meet again three years, one month, and two days after their initial encounter. Hals won the first time, so under the Grudge Match Rule Hammershoi needs to win outright to stay in the Tournament. A tie would revert to Hals by virtue of the previous win.
Leaving the Tournament at their hands are two very well known artists, El Greco (4-2-1, 44-38, .537) and Giotto (3-2, 27-28, .491). It's a rough business, this Tournament.
1581 - 1666
- Outpaced American Philip Guston Round 1.
- Edged out the great Dane Wilhelm Hammershoi in Round 2 by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Laid a beating on Childe Hassam, even though everybody LIKES Childe Hassam, in Round 3.
- Upset by Atkinson Grimshaw in Round 4.
- Beat El Greco in the Left Bracket Fourth Round by a single vote. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1864 - 1916
- Crushed the late Richard Hamilton in Round 1.
- Lost to Old Master Frans Hals by a single vote in Round 2. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Beat Hans Hartung in the Left Bracket Second Round by a safe margin.
- Beat Barbara Hepworth decisively in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination.
- Clobbered Francesco Guardi in the Left Bracket Third Round by another two-vote swing.
YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
- Defeated Jean-Baptiste Greuze in Left Bracket Third Round Elimination by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE REALLY COUNTS!!!
- Defeated Giotto in the Left Bracket Fourth Round by yet another two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE REALLY, REALLY COUNTS!!!