The Thursday Quiz!
The Thursday Quiz is, as always, a "Is It or Isn't It" game. From the list of twelve items, your job is to determine whether each IS or ISN'T in the week's category.
Remember always the path of righteousness:
No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. The ThursdayThis Week's Category is feeling bellicose:
Quiz is a POP quiz. Violators will be cursed with a curse.
Wars of the Twentieth Century
(Two points before we begin. First, I promise not to monkey with the dates or details-- it was either a real war or it wasn't. Second, I started to do "Wars of the Nineteenth Century," but decided to lighten up. So quit your complaining.)
1. 1904-1905. Russo-Japanese War – Russia vs. Japan.
2. 1913. The Second Balkan War – Bulgaria vs. Greece and Serbia.
3. 1922. The Maple Leaf War – Canada vs. France.
4. 1932. The War of Disunification – Portugal vs. Spain.
5. 1935. The Second Italo–Abyssinian War – Italy vs. Ethiopia.
6. 1969. The "Football" War – El Salvador vs. Honduras.
7. 1971. The Bangladesh Liberation War – West Pakistan (subsequently just Pakistan) vs. East Pakistan (subsequently Bangladesh).
8. 1973. The Yom Kippur War – Israel vs. Egypt and Syria.
9. 1978-1979. The Uganda-Tanzania War – Uganda vs. Tanzania.
10. 1982-1984. The Venezuelan War – Argentina and Ecuador vs. Venezuela
11. 1988-1994. The Nagorno-Karabakh War – Armenia vs. Azerbaijan.
12. 1989. "Operation Just Cause" – The United States of America vs. Panama
Marshall your facts and lead your blog to glorious victory! The stars go to the general who (to misparaphrase Nathan Bedford Forrest) gets there the firstest with the mostest right answers. Submit 'em as a comment.
Note: The use of war in resolving disagreements can result in property damage, injury, and/or death. The Life & Times of Michael5000 does not necessarily condone or endorse the concept of war, nor any of the above specific wars. No humans were killed in the creation of this quiz.